Search Gay Marriage Blog

Do you support Gay Marriage? Why?

Monday, April 19, 2010

Why Refute What Feels Right?


Hey there interweb readers!! Alex here. I have noticed that some of you don’t seem to like the way that I am writing. First off, let me say this out right. I am doing this for an assignment, not because I choose to freely. I am not a blogger, so this whole thing is brand new to me. Secondly, I am entitled to my own opinion, and if you feel otherwise, I am glad, it shows that you have free will. That is what the internet is for; everybody should be able to express themselves in what ever way that may be. If you want to use poor grammar, great; if you feel like cursing, awesome. Let me just say what I have to say and get this over with.


Ok, so for my second refutation of gay marriage, I found a blog called nosamesexmarriage.com. This site seems to be the most right wing, conservative site on the Internet about anti same sex marriage. I know that I have previously stated that I really have no opinion about the matter, but this site has gone overboard and are citing bible versus and personal opinions as reasons why people shouldn’t be allowed to marry the same sex.

Pros and Cons of Same Sex Marriage

Contact us and share your published or unpublished letters to editors. What are the pros and cons of same sex marriage.

Logical reasons for opposing same sex marriage:

1) thousands of years of traditional, male-female marriage, across numerous cultures and religions.

2) The public health catastrophe among homosexual men.

3) Numerous studies showing the importance to children of a father and a mother.

** But today let's look at biblical reasons for opposing gay marriages.

* These Scriptures may be meaningless to unbelievers.

* But these are the biblical reasons that should drive us who hold to the Word of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

(1) God defines homosexual offenders as among "the WICKED."

* Ephesians 5:11, KJV And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

* The Christian's duty is to reprove, not to ignore, that which God calls wicked.

(Arguments Against Gay Marriage)


I have to admit that this blog has their opinions about why they don’t feel gay marriage should be allowed. But it goes against everything that our group is standing for on this blog. The use of biblical references makes me feel uncomfortable, because I am not too religious; I have to take what the blogger has written with a grain of salt.


I guess that’s all I have to say. I may have flip flopped a bit during this assignment, but I think in the end, I have reached a better understanding of why people thing same sex marriage should be ok.

Peace Out,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment