Search Gay Marriage Blog

Do you support Gay Marriage? Why?

Monday, April 19, 2010

Gay Marriage: Can Gay be the Way?

Hey there readers!!! Alex is signing in once again. I know that I have previously made it clear that I am weary of this subject, but do to scholastic reasons, I am going to try my best to fulfill the requirements of this assignment.

So here it goes.



Gay marriage is still a young item in regards to religion and what not. The idea that two people of the same sex are able to come together and have the same tax breaks and social status as other heterosexual couples sounds like a good idea, in theory.
As I was surfing the web, I came across a blog that was bashing the idea of gay marriage. The post that I looked at was just 10 statements, all of them bashing the idea of same sex marriage. Some of the statements include:
5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
(Bligbi Blog)
The entire post bashes same sex marriage in this way. I personally could care less about same sex marriage, but because this assignment is supposed to go for a cause, I will go along with the rest of my group. If two people of the same sex want to get together and have the same last name or something, I say that we should let them do it, just don’t let me know what you are doing behind closed doors.

1 comment:

  1. That list does not bash gay marriages, it makes a list in order to be sarcastic towards ignorant arguments. It was meant to be satire.

    ReplyDelete