Search Gay Marriage Blog

Do you support Gay Marriage? Why?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Intro

Hey guys, Alex here. Im just letting everybody know that I exist. I guess our topic is gay marriage. This isnt my favorite topic in the world, but I'm going to stick it out and do my best at the job that I have to do.

This blog, for me at least, is all about expression of opinion via argument. My personal opinion is that gay marriage should not be allowed, and that is the argument that I will be making during this project. I believe that there are others out in the world that feel the same way that I do, and my job is to understand and rationalize their thoughts and patterns into a cohesive blog project that I and the others of my group can use and argue about.

"I've stated my opposition to this. I think it's unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about." President Obama. (abcnews.com blog)


I know it is not my place to say who can or cannot be married, but I think if the president has the same opinion that I do, then I hold a valid point in this argument.

Thanks,
Alex Keiler

1 comment:

  1. Presidents don't become presidents because they are right or wrong. They like us, have their opinions and beliefs. We vote for or against them because we either agree or disagree with them or at least choose the lesser of 2 evils between the candidates. Bush thought there were WMDs in Iraq and Afghanistan and like a bunch of mindless zombies, a great deal of the population thought he was right and supported his decision to go to war. Today, hopefully we know better- shouldn't we learn from history? Presidents aren't always right!

    ReplyDelete