Search Gay Marriage Blog

Do you support Gay Marriage? Why?

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Introductions

Hi my name is Amena. Its taken me awhile to put together my thoughts for this introduction as well as this blog. Although I'm all for gay rights, it hasn't been an issue that I've thought about significantly. The question to answer was to explain why this issue is important to me, and I can truthfully say I didn't know how to describe my thoughts on the issue. But then this past weekend I attended two of my cousins' weddings in Florida. And it all came to me. I looked at my cousins, with their new husbands, and I could see so much happiness and love emanating from the couples. They had both found their soul mates. And then I thought, who are we to stop any person from experiencing the same feelings my cousins had on the day of their wedding? How can we stop two people from getting married just because of their gender? That is why the issue of Gay Marriage is important to me. Marriage is about love, and love has no boundaries.

In this blog, I, along with my fellow classmates, am going to discuss and argue that gay and lesbian couples, like any other couple, should have the right to marry.

4 comments:

  1. So true Amena, who are we, or what authority do we have to come in the way of another human being's happiness or at least a shot at it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amena - I so agree with you that love has no boundaries and we have no rights to stop two people who want to be together and live happily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, Amena! We have no right to interfere in other people's relationships, even if we don't necessarily agree with them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that we have no right to interfere in the happiness of others especially when in comes to the language of the heart. Religious beliefs know gay marriage as an 'unnatural' joining however. Though the majority of Americans have a religious affiliation, the question needed to be asked now is whether these religious affiliations should even matter in a secular government.

    ReplyDelete