Search Gay Marriage Blog

Do you support Gay Marriage? Why?

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Introductions

Hi everyone! Katrina here...I'm excited that my group is blogging on the subject of supporting gay marriage. This topic is important to me, because I feel that love and marriage doesn't necessarily have to be between a man and a woman.

I didn't always feel this way about gay marriage. I am a Christian, but when I wasn't in support of gay marriage, I went to a church that had very radical and conservative views of the world. I didn't really have reasons to be against it; only that the church put it in all our heads that it is a sin and the gays will suffer in hell for all of eternity, and those who supported it would too. Whatever.

My views about this subject changed when I started going to college my junior year of high school for PSEO. I joined theatre and a lot of my friends were in this club at the college called RCGSA or Riverland Community Gay Straight Alliance. They showed me that two people who are in love and want to get married don't necessarily have to be heterosexual. There are so many benefits of homosexuals being allowed to get married, such as adopting children. It's equal rights.

But that's just for starters, folks! Keep checking our blog out and definitely feel free to comment!

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment